Maine Drama Festival | Arts & Culture
This coming weekend, over 2000 students from 70 high schools will be participating in the 81st annual Maine Drama Festival.
March 9-10, at eight regional competitions across the State, schools will present plays ranging from the classics to original student-written plays. Schools compete in two classes: Class A (over 550 students) and Class B (less than 550 students).
At each of the regional competitions, a panel of three judges will decide which performances advance to the State Finals (March 23-24). The Class A finals will be held at Falmouth High School and Class B will be held at Yarmouth High School. The outstanding performance at each State Final will be nominated by the judges to participate in the New England Drama Festival (April 26-28 in Guilford, N.H.)
The performance schedules for each of the regional sites will be available on the Maine Drama Council website
Top Freeport Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Woolwich principal gets dye job for diabetes research
- Boothbay Harbor Region Chamber of Commerce Announces Grand Marshal for Windjammer Days Street Parade
- Bowdoin women's lacrosse season ends in NCAA quarters
- Groundbreaking held for Brunswick church two years after fire
- Police investigate fatal crash in Wiscasset